Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Wednesday

It is winter in Salt Lake again and every year it comes on so fast and dark. I become like a bear needing more and more sleep. Not wanting to leave home, but feeling lonely and a bit trapped.

I am finding that so much goes on in life lately. That I can't keep track of all of the births, birthdays, weddings, and surgeries, etc. of all the people in my life. What a strange thing to have come from such a simplistic existence into this. I worry that I miss little important moments because of this. A couple that I managed to catch I'll note:

Sunday my two nieces were playing with magnets on the fridge when the older (4) said, "Addison move your hand." It seemed a bit bossy for her and I said, "Move your hand PLEASE." The younger one said, "move your hand seese (please)." The older one replied saying, "no Addison, I say that." Such a funny conversations to overhear.

Today I had a friend who was having windows installed and I spent the day at his house since he was afraid to leave them there. I overheard a conversation the two installers had about Mountain Dew: "I love Mountain Dew." The other replied, "Why don't you marry it then?" The first guy replied, "I think I will and then at the wedding we can serve Mountain Dew and I can say that my wife's initials are MD." They continued on to describe the wedding to Mountain Dew in suprising detail.

No comments: