Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Mouse in the House?





Above are a couple of examples of why its been hard to be back home after taking more than a week to soak up the sun in Maui...

Tonight I walked out of work with a friend and we stood in the parking garage talking. While Jess was filling me in on all that happened last week I stood fidgeting (if I listened to my mother and didn't fidget..). I began scraping my open toed black shoe back and forth over some strange lump on the floor. I wasn't really thinking, but if I had been I'm sure I'd have been thinking about ten billion other things other than the obvious: what is this thing I keep scraping my foot back and forth over? Yes - had I been thinking at all I'm sure I'd have been looking down at my nearly split ends that badly need trimming or my toes that badly need painting... the beach was rough on me!

Anyway as I said, I stood thoughtlessly scraping my almost bare foot over this lump when suddenly my friend looked down for a minute and then back up. She made direct eye contact with me and nearly screamed, "WHAT IS THAT THING?" Not too concerned I allowed my eyes to wander where my foot had been wandering.

Two points I'd like to make is that there are TWO of whatever this is and that one of them has been PAINTED over by whoever painted the parking lines. Nice work guys. Really great attention to detail. I guess had I decided to nap in the wrong place I too could have been striped.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Gross! That gives me the creeps. It's hard to come back from Hawaii as it is, but then you have to have an experience like that. I can't believe you got close enough to realize what it was. Come visit soon.

I miss you!
Kristen

JennyWren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JennyWren said...

Ok, when you sent it to me, I couldn't make it out EXACTLY - now that I know....I think that might be worse than your bird friend who frequented our house last week. At least he was alive - and you never had to touch him.
I miss you tons! Let's just go back, can we please?

ca2tx said...

omigod! That is almost worse that BIRDS in San Francisco. Gross. I hoped you bleached those shoes...

JB said...

The only thing grosser than the smashed mouse with paint on it is the fact that we spent a full week in paradise and all you have to write about is that creature! Love you honey - come to AZ or meet me at 24G!