Saturday, April 7, 2007

Quick Coincidence


Tonight I went to dinner (I'd been wanting to eat anywhere with an open patio). As we turned into the restaraunt parking lot we passed a BRIGHT RED CORVETTE which was parked illegally. I commented something to the effect that people with Corvettes evidently can park wherever they want - since the rules don't apply to them. We parked and walked in. Once we were seated I noticed a couple at the next table. This is an EXACT description: The man seemed to be in his 60s and had very tight curly hair cut in a shorter "welcome back Kotter" style. His shirt was silky and a bit loose and unbuttoned far too low. He was VERY tan. I'm not sure if he was wearing gold chains or if I just imagined them since it seemed he should be. Though I couldn't see his shoes I guarantee they were something slip on and leather. The woman was in her mid 40s and had not quite blonde hair which was actually more hair spray than hair. She was wearing a very small black skirt with dark brown nylons and very high black pumps. Her shirt was BRIGHT RED. Immediately I knew we were sitting next to the Corvette couple. There are few cars which so easily betray their owners. After paying their check the couple stood and we watched eager to see if our instincts paid off. We both smiled as the couple walked to the illegally parked "vette."

Later that night I was on the phone with my younger sister as she recounted her evening. At one point our brother had picked her up in a new car - a brand new Tahoe. She was suprised to see him in a new car and asked about it a bit. She laughingly told me that since he'd bought a brand new (you guessed it!) Corvette the dealership had also given him a very good deal on a Tahoe. Now I am left wondering if I was seated next to my own brother in a restaraunt would I know?

1 comment:

carrie said...

So often I look at people and think "how do they not realize how utterly ridiculous they look!" and then from time to time i'm about to leave the house, and Dave gives me that same look - the "come on, you aren't leaving the house in THAT are you?" it is tricky when you get that look from a husband because either 1. their lack of style confirms that you actually look fabulous or 2. you have pushed fabulous to ridiculous. How to tell if it is 1 or 2?

Anyway, how many cars does Gardner have now? Wasn't he recently in Colorado picking up something new and snazy?

I was reading your old posts and absolutely loved the story about your car and "the computer." hilarious.