Monday, September 15, 2008

Computer Chats...


My mom states that she still remembers being in the other room when Mr. Rogers was on and thinking that perhaps I had a friend in there with me b/c I was so chatty... Turns out I was just responding to all of Mr. R's questions... I'm quite sure that I didn't know the difference between tv and reality. Later my brother went to pre-school and it was explained to me as "kind of like Romper Room." For you youngsters that was a tv show at the time. When he'd be eating dinner at night and my dad asked about his day it was never the same as what I'd watched on Romper Room and I'd think, "you liar."

Yesterday I was talking to my sister Rachel and her daugher over the internet and via video and my niece did something that made my heart leap... She said, "E A Yee where's your hand?" So I held my hand up backhand facing her... "E A Yee other side." So I flipped my hand palm up to her... She immediately tried to push her little camera through the computer... It needed fixing.

Man... Someone should really sit down with both of us and explain technology!

5 comments:

JB said...

I guess it run's in the family. Poor Victoria - I wonder what other misconceptions she will have similar to yours! he he he..... Love you and miss you Em!

sara said...

so cute! calder loved to ichat. he messes with all the filters, we show up with one eye or warped heads. hilarious...

Yah Yah said...

Wow how times have changed. We've gone from cartoons only on Saturday mornings for 3 hours to 24/7 nicalodian and i chats.

As Nana said "I feel like Rip Van Winkle".

Cute post, how you are well

Maren said...

this is adorable. I miss that little victoria already!

Rachel said...

I know, I know Victoria is so smart in so many ways. Technology and time terms are totally bizarre to her. She thinks she can pass things through the computer and then since she can see people on the computer she has started to believe she can see people through the phone. It goes down hill from there! She also says things like "yesterday" for last year and "tomorrow" for who knows when! I really don't where we got such a character!