Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Democracy

So today was election day and I am sick as I can ever remember being... I needed to go to the Dr. and I needed to do some work... But I postponed both because my dad said something Sunday which really made me feel super lucky. He brought up that the American President is likely the most powerful position in the world and that every four years it changes - and this is key - without bloodshed. Today as I was lying in my bed after a sleepless night and my throat ached from coughing I felt lucky and I got my but out of bed and cast my vote.

Thanks Dad!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I hope you are feeling better and so gald you voted! I need to call you. If I don't call you tonight (that means I didn't remember) call me.

JB said...

First, I hate that you are sick AGAIN this year, just like every year at this time. Second, I hate that I am not there to be sick with you like I usually am. See what the Arizona sunshine can do for a person! But Em, it is a privelige to be able to vote, and voting for something as important as the highest office in the nation is not something we should miss. I am proud of you for so many things, you crawling out of bed and draging your sick self to the polls is one of them. I just feel sorry for the person that went in the booth right behind you!