Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Being Nastalgic


Its funny how talents exhibit themselves early in life. Recently my little nephew who is incredibly adept at what I would call Physical engineering has figured out how to "disable" a bottle. He has always had such a fondness for figuring out how things work... mind you when I saw ALWAYS he is nearly one and half... Age aside he seems to have an uncanny ability in this area. Recently while on a trip to Salt Lake he sat in the middle row of seats and after days of studying his bottle finally figured a way to open it. He has tried pulling, unscrewing, and biting... none of which worked. On this trip he pushed the nipple to the bottom of the bottle and found a way finally - to open the bottle.

So what I already miss is how even when he was in the middle of play he would stop short, find his bottle, and snuggle up. This is the only time to get real snuggle time with him... I have to admit that I truly wish he wasn't so very smart.

2 comments:

JB said...

I have to say that if this ability runs in the family, it jumped right over you! I feel like I have the right to say that after spending HOURS with you putting together a bookshelf that I still don't trust. I hope you took my advice and didn't put anything breakable on it.

Kristen said...

In no time he will be fixing cars like his dad and grandpa.